Mohawk Shared Services merges with Medbuy Corporation
BURLINGTON, Ontario, June 1, 2017 – Ontario based healthcare shared services organization Mohawk Shared Services Inc., and national healthcare group purchasing organization Medbuy Corporation announce today the completion of their merger. Effective June 1, 2017, Mohawk Medbuy Corporation offers an unparalleled value proposition for healthcare organizations across Canada, creating a unique national organization offering significant benefits through a wide array of services, including:
- Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management
- Just-in-time distribution of medical and surgical products
- Pharmaceutical procurement
- Accounts Payable Services
- Spend Analytics
- Linen Services
- Clinical Engagement
- Capital procurement (through partnership with St. Joseph’s Health System, GPO)
Together, we are stronger:
- Servicing more than 120 Hospital Members, and over 300 additional healthcare organizations
- > $1 Billion in Member Spend under Contract, offering significant purchasing power
- > 15% Savings delivered annually to Members over the last 5 years that positively impacts their bottom line
- > 1,000 Medical Surgical Contracts managed on behalf of our Members
- > 200,000 Contracted Items, offering a broad range of products to choose from
- > 300,000 Accounts Payable Invoices Processed annually
- > $2 Billion in Member Spend Data Analyzed annually to optimize contract utilization
- > 13 Million kgs of linens processed annually
Tony DiEmanuele has been appointed President and CEO of the new organization. As the previous CEO of Mohawk, Tony’s proven leadership, relevant industry experience and knowledge offer the business continuity required to lead the new organization through the transition period while positioning it for future national growth.
“As we refine and enhance our processes by building on the best of both organizations, we remain committed to offering exceptional customer service, ensuring we are meeting the individual needs of each of our Members, and continuing with a model where our
Members are actively engaged in contract decisions. Our goal is to be our Member’s partner of choice,” cited Mr. DiEmanuele.
As a single integrated organization, Mohawk Medbuy Corporation is well positioned to continue contributing to improved patient experience and outcomes by ensuring access to high quality products and services, and by continuing to help drive the procurement and adoption of innovative solutions in the healthcare system.
About Mohawk Medbuy Corporation
Mohawk Medbuy Corporation optimizes delivery of high quality and best priced medical / surgical products and pharmaceuticals through its clinical engagement, end to end supply chain, back office, and data analytics services. Additional services include Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management, Logistics, Accounts Payable services, Linen Services, Diagnostic Imaging Repository, Employee Assistance Program (working with LifeWorks) and Capital procurement (through a formal partnership with St. Joseph’s Health System, GPO).
For further information, contact:
Janice Mundell, Director, Business Development and Strategic Planning
Mohawk Medbuy Corporation