Strategic Sourcing Coordinator
Ready to help lead a dynamic team that is reshaping health care shared services and how they’re delivered?
Mohawk Medbuy is a national not for profit shared service organization trusted by Canadian hospitals and other health care providers to deliver exceptional value, innovation and support in raising the standard of patient care. Working as an extension of our Member organizations, we provide end-to-end supply chain, clinical and back-office services driven by collaboration and operational excellence. Through our clinical expertise and strategic data analysis, we source and deliver insights and solutions that address the challenges faced by health care providers - yielding efficiencies and cost savings that allow them to invest in and focus on improving the patient experience. We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Coordinator to join our team. This position is available within our Burlington or London locations.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to a Senior Category Manager, this position is mainly responsible for providing support for the Senior Category Manager, and Sourcing Manager through all stages of contract management and the ongoing maintenance of existing contracts. Primary objectives include Member customer service, supplier relations, contract management and issue resolution while coordinating and supporting all elements of the RFP process following BPS guidelines and implement resulting contracts.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in the planning and execution of bi-annual members meeting
• Provide project support as requested by Managers or other internal departments
• Area of assignment will be determined upon commencement
• As needed, coordinate the introduction of new products into the 3rd party warehouse (HLI) and contribute to discussions regarding phase in / phase out activities.
Coordinate Strategic Sourcing Initiatives
• Liaise with Members on initiatives, issues, committee action items, and strategic sourcing inquiries
• Participate in the initiative process and supplier meetings to ensure understanding of initiatives
• Develop and manage documentation pertaining to all assigned initiatives
• Schedule proponent meetings and webinars related to initiatives
• Schedule strategic working group/clinical expert group meetings with participating members
• Provide initiative expertise to other departments within Mohawk Medbuy
Customer Service/Contract Maintenance
• Maintain systems with up to date information around contract milestones
• Develop and manage documentation pertaining to initiatives
• Provide contract information to other departments within Mohawk Medbuy
• Liaise with Members on contract issues, committee action items and inquiries
• Cost analysis reporting
Additional Areas of Responsibility
• Contribute/assist team members when needed
• Continuous learning
• Assist with new staff training and orientation as required
• Work collaboratively with Administrative Assistants on initiative and contract deliverables
• System training and troubleshooting
• Education – University/Community College degree or equivalent
• Experience –knowledge of suppliers and dealing with people in differing levels of profession/position
• Demonstrated knowledge in all facets of MS Office, and electronic communication
• Demonstrated proficient communication skills both written and oral
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a high concentration on Customer Service
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Time management and organizational skills
• Adaptability with a desire to learn
Mohawk Medbuy Corporation is a HOOPP employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates with a desire to join our innovative team are invited to submit their resume, referencing the posting number noted below to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required. Mohawk Medbuy is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Posting #: MMC058
Closing Date: Friday November 15, 2019